Thursday, June 28, 2012

First Draft Complete!

As of June 24, 2012, the first draft of my very first novel is complete. In my excitement (okay, in my happy exhaustion), I completely neglected to post on this blog. So here is the announcement:  It's done!

Starting next week, the editing begins. I will not lie - this will be a long and ugly process. There are many plot points that need complete overhauling. If I were tracking changes, this would be an UGLY redline.

I can't wait!

-The Rambler

4 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Congrats, Rache! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! Feeling pretty good and anxious to get started on editing... I promised myself a break, though...

      Delete
  2. Good on ya! I've been working off a redline on draft 2, plus some brand new scenes, moving of chapters, etc., and it's been so much easier than creating it all from scratch! I hope you rock this out real smooth and easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, El! I know I have about three transition chapters I need to add where I cut multiple chapters and failed to smooth the transition. I also need to add a lot of character development in where I cut it in the beginning... But I am looking forward to that! Thanks again. :)

      Delete