Saturday, June 16, 2012

Beer and stories to come...

So, I am sitting down to drink some wonderful beer. It is pure bliss to a nursing mother who rarely gets to taste beer for fear of ruining the precious milk supply. But little girl is asleep upstairs, and I have cracked open the yummy Oakshire Overcast Espresso Stout and am about to drink it all! Mwa-ha-ha! (Please don't wake up, little girl.)

Anyway, I have been thinking about what I want to do with this blog and I decided that I will soon start posting some short stories. If folks so desire, they can get a taste of my writing style, offer thoughts, criticisms, or pour all the praise they want on my very grateful ears. By and large, the short stories will most likely be horror. There may be some fantasy, too. I may even write a collaborative short story with my very creative husband.

First, I need to finish up my draft of Waking Dreams. Now that I have posted this random little tidbit, off to write one of those final chapters. This time next week, I hope I am writing an update that says merely: "DONE!"

-The Rambler

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! I love the thought of such a collaboration! I'd suggest setting aside a couple of the longer ones to post on Amazon/Smashword for a buck or so a pop--or even free--to garner a bit of an audience that way. Horror folks seem to find everything that's out there!

    Also, how is there not a "first draft finished" post? That's some good news!

    ReplyDelete